Monday, May 24, 2010

Spelling Bee










It's hard to believe, but this is the last week of school! It is still packed with lots of activities for the kids to end the school year with lots of fun and get the summer rolling. It has been such a great school year that went by so fast!! Today was the Spelling Bee. We met at 9:00am this morning to watch the children from both Kindergarten classes sit in 2 rows and take turns coming up to the microphone and spelling their words. Sarah you did a great job with your spelling words!! Daddy and I are very proud of you. After all the words were spelled, they moved on to Phonograms. This is something I personally had trouble memorizing/understanding all school year, but I can see how beneficial it has been for the kids and teaching them to be good readers already.

Sarah's very good friend Singletary Sarah was super too! She won the Spelling Bee. Congratulations to Singletary Sarah for being the best speller!!

No comments: