Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Planting our Garden



Matt worked VERY hard last weekend, despite the bad weather, to get our garden area constructed and ready for me to plant our vegetables for this summer. So, now it is our turn to get the plants into the area he made. After school yesterday we came home and did our homework right away and got changed into play clothes and worked in the garden. It was BIG MESSY fun playing in the mud that was left over from all the rain we had gotten the night before. I have to remind you that our garden did well last year and I am hopeful that this year's yield will be just as great. However, I did NOT get the "gardening gene" that my grandmother had, so much of this is just pure luck. Nonetheless, playing in the mud is more fun when you can share a beautiful day in the sun (and mud) with your friends too! Our friends were lots of help in getting our garden planted. Thanks friends!!! Here are some photos...

No comments: