We had to find our table and seats. There was a beautiful 'tea pot' shaped invitation with beads for the handle, a paper fan that said "I'm a big fan" and some coloring sheets that asked questions about me. My daughter delighted in serving me a delicious banana nut muffin and some coffee (of course, my favorite). After everyone ate their muffins, the kids put on a performance for us with "Who's on the Honor Roll" chant and used pom poms to act it out.
Next the children all read from a paper that they had prepared which told about the moms and the things that they liked about their moms. Sarah wrote that I am always happy and like to work on the computer. Some of the other funny things that the kids said about their moms were things like "The thing I love the most about my mom is that she loves me" or "My mom plays with me" or "My mom takes a nap" or "My mom talks on the phone". All the children were so precious and so honest :)
The kids had 2 more songs to sing for us and even did sign language with one song. It was very evident that they worked hard to prepare all this for us. It was so wonderful and a day that I will not easily forget. As I watched each mom and their child embrace and so tenderly hug, the notion that "My little girl was almost in 1st Grade" and "I get to be her mom" really touched me.
(Can you remind me of this moment the next time I am
having to repeat "slow to anger, slow to anger..."). How special that bond is between mother and child and how I wouldn't trade it for anything in this world. Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's that might read my blog. You truly are amazing and the love you have for your children is never ending. God Bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment