Tuesday, June 23, 2009
An Update on Farmer Brown
My grandmother on my dad's side loved to garden. She could make anything grow and spent many hours in her garden tending to the plants etc. It was a beautiful garden. Matt's mom is the same way she can make anything grow, and bring the things I kill back to life. I came to realize that I did not get my grandmothers gardening 'gene' or even her 'green thumb' because everything I try to grow just dies. It's been a little over a month since we planted our Tomatoes, Squash, Zucchini and Black Beans and I thought I would share how it's going. If y
ou know me at all, you'll know that I have a hard time keeping even a silk plant alive, never mind trying to be a gardener and harvest some vegetables for us to actually eat this year! So I am a little excited to share these photos because our tomato plants have actually grown as tall as the gutters on the house now and we have about 15 tomatoes on them. Not that I had anything to do with it - we've gotten so much rain. (Thank-you Lord!) I'm sad to report that our Zucchini isn't doing as good as the other plants though as something likes to eat the blooms off of the plant before it gets a chance to produce the zucchini. And whatever the little rascle is that
is eating those blooms, only eats them off the plant and then leaves them on the ground :( The least it could do is not waste it and eat the whole thing don't you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment