It's official! This once City chic is now a Country chic! As if eating Fried Green Tomatoes wasn't enough. Tonight was the first time I ever made Strawberry Jelly. My neighbor Mrs. Turner, was kind enough to teach me everything she knows about making Jelly and it was fantastic! I can't wait to put it on my toast in the morning and sample the end product. We were able to make 6 jars. To add to the Country theme, we've also planted a garden this year and hopefully we will have some Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Black Beans, Tomatoes and possibly Green Peppers and/or Cantaloupe. I'm not quite sure about the Peppers and Cantaloupe because Sarah helped plant them (or dump them). So, we will see what pops up and enjoy the harvest if it will grow for me. I say this with a little sarcasm because I did not get a green thumb like my Grammy B once had. She could make anything grow! I'll keep you posted on the progress of the garden, hopefully we'll have something to show for all the hard work we all did to prepare for it. I'm excited about the thought of eating fresh vegetables.
Monday, May 18, 2009
This City Girl Has Turned Country
It's official! This once City chic is now a Country chic! As if eating Fried Green Tomatoes wasn't enough. Tonight was the first time I ever made Strawberry Jelly. My neighbor Mrs. Turner, was kind enough to teach me everything she knows about making Jelly and it was fantastic! I can't wait to put it on my toast in the morning and sample the end product. We were able to make 6 jars. To add to the Country theme, we've also planted a garden this year and hopefully we will have some Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Black Beans, Tomatoes and possibly Green Peppers and/or Cantaloupe. I'm not quite sure about the Peppers and Cantaloupe because Sarah helped plant them (or dump them). So, we will see what pops up and enjoy the harvest if it will grow for me. I say this with a little sarcasm because I did not get a green thumb like my Grammy B once had. She could make anything grow! I'll keep you posted on the progress of the garden, hopefully we'll have something to show for all the hard work we all did to prepare for it. I'm excited about the thought of eating fresh vegetables.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment