Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Summer is unofficially official

We took the pool out and got it ready for swimming this summer. I guess our recent trip to see Grammy and Grammy Rita in Florida sparked the "lets get ready for summer" mode. Sarah and I got to spend 10 days with my Mom and Grandmother enjoying the warm weather, sunshine and the shear pleasure of their company. We had a great time and laughed a lot! Sarah and I enjoyed: going swimming in Grammy's pool, collecting sea shells at the beach, roller skating, bike riding, playing with littlest pet shop figures, hunting for easter eggs in the back yard, a dentist visit, the animal refuge center, eating at Roosters and seeing Lion Country Safari. The animals at Lion Country Safari were awesome (lions, elephants, new baby rhino, water buffalo and lots of other animals we don't see every day). The water play area was VERY cool too! They had lots to do and it didn't cost us a bunch of extra money while we were inside the park. We had some 'playground' hopping adventures and found all the playgrounds we could. The one in Stewart is the best!

Two funny things about Easter this year was that Sarah and I attended a church that was mostly 55+ age bracket and the pastor was 72. This tickled us because we were the youngest ones there except for a new born baby. The other funny thing about Easter this year was that my mom hid easter eggs in the back yard while we were at church. Instead of putting just candy into the eggs, my mom hid some money, candy and panties. Sarah thought that was very funny. You also have to know the story about my mom and panties to appreciate this too. I've never had to buy panties in my life because my mom and grandmother always supplied me with them at Christmas or birthdays every year. So, the tradition of getting panties is still being passed down to the next generation :) I'll probably continue this tradition too. But, this year I wanted to pass down to the next generation (Sarah) how Easter was a special time for me personally. Not only because of what Jesus did for us ALL, but because that was the day that I asked him into my life 13 years ago.

No comments: