Friday, February 13, 2009

Sorry, it's taken me quite a while to get this blog updated. I could say that it is my New Year's Resolution to blog more, but then I would have already broken that one!  I will blog more often this year, I promise!! We will have lots to tell when our Adoption things start to happen.  How great it would be to be able to welcome our new children into our home by Christmas this year.

 We rang in the new year with our friends and their children along with my mom and Gary who were up from Florida. We ate the typical Chinese food and played Wii.  We got the Wii as a family gift for Christmas and were testing it out(wearing it out is more like it). Unfortunately none of us were able to stay awake until mid-night. Must have been too much Wiiing that wore us out! 

Today happens to be Friday the thirteenth, not that I believe in any superstitions, but for Sarah today was not her day.  It actually all started yesterday and just continued to today. Yesterday at school she fell down at the playground and skinned her nose up pretty good along with a small(tiny) cut on her pinky.  When I picked her up from school, I was a little startled to see her face all scrapped up, but she was more intent and worried about telling me of her finger and how much that hurt! Today was not her day either. She was twirling in the living room and twirled right into the corner of our end table - giving her quite the shiner! Then at dinner tonight she went to get into her chair and for some reason she just slid right off the other side and landed on the floor!  And we thought that by naming her Grace, that would give her some? NOT! I'm afraid that she might have learned the chair trick from my days as a gymnast on the balance beam - or NOT. 


Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and a chance to tell everyone you know that you love them. WE LOVE YOU! Matt came home last night with flowers for both Sarah and I.  He definitely hit the jackpot with both of us. Sarah's pink carnations followed her every where she went that night and she held them like they were the roses a beauty queen would get. Today one of Sarah's friends came to play and as they played dress-up, once again her flowers made quite the nice touch for the 'brides bouquet'.  It is amazing how much joy something simple like a flower can give to not just the person receiving them, but others also. 


2 comments:

Gina said...

I hope that Sarah's boo boos are getting better. Tell her that her flowers are beautiful. Did she get a puppy?
Gina

Matt, Debby and Sarah Grace said...

Her boo boos have healed nicely without any scars other than reliving the occasional 'remember when I got the cut on my finger' The flowers, well thats a different story. She got so much mileage from them and gave them out to her friends left and right. I guess she just wanted to share some happiness with them too. Unfortunately she did not get a puppy this year but she settled for a pet fish to keep her turtle company.