I think that this is where I left off the last time. We just started baton and were all excited about being in the parade on December 2nd! She did a great job and it was a lot of fun!!! She liked throwing the candy and made sure to give the boys we were keeping some special pieces. 
| Funny how you can put turkey, cheese, grapes and bread in their lunch box and it never gets eaten, but put it on a platter and let them lay on the floor and they devour it!! |
| The Roman Toga and yellow flip flops. |
We've been through 6 months of 3rd grade so far and are doing great. We LOVE Latin and our teachers. A few big events in 3rd grade are "Olympic Day" and "Mega Rome Day"- since we are studying about the Greeks and the Romans.
Olympic Day was just before Christmas break and we held our own Olympics "Greek Style" in the school gym. There was Chariot races, Javelin throwing (pool noodles), Relay race, Long jump and Sprints. Anything to do with running is not Gracie's favorite as she tends to be the last one all the time. It is those little legs!! We all got medals and Ivy crowns and had a great time though.
It SNOWED in Alabama!! Not nearly as much as they just got in Mass, but for us it was a Winter wonderland for about 3 hours! Matt had gallbladder surgery that day and after we got home from picking up gracie at school, it started to snow in bigger flakes. We were all prepared for some warm fun in the snow. My boots and jacket that I bought for Russia came in handy to keep me dry and very warm. I was glad that Gracie's winter coat still fit her too!
I guess that brings us up to Christmas. We traveled to Grandmom & Poppie's house this time. Then Grammy & Gary came to visit us for our second Christmas. We enjoyed all of the time together with our family. We were sad that Ksusha was not home for Christmas like we hoped, but we continue to hope and pray that she will be home soon and in time for next Christmas! You'll have to go to Siblings4Sarah.com blog to read more about that Mess!!
Then came Daddy Matt's birthday breakfast in bed!!! The big 46 this year!! That is always a special day for us and a great way to end the year.
I'll try to do a better job of updating this blog in the future so that I won't have to think so hard about what all we've been doing - we've definitely been busy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment