Breakfast is served!! This morning we did our traditional birthday breakfast. So at about6:30am this morning I was met in the kitchen by the birthday girl.She stood inthe doorway with a sleepy yawn and caught a glance of her breakfast tray on the counter. She did an immediate turn around and walk quickly down the hall to get back into bed so that it could be delivered.Daddy was in theshower so I explained that we could not do breakfast without himand would have to wait a little longer. She agreed and asked if "She should turn and face the wall so that Daddy won't see her awake?" And then she patiently waited in bed until we were able to get it all together and sing the birthday song whilebringing in breakfast. The breakfast of choice was her usual ChocolateChocolate Chip Muffin and Silk Milk. She opened up Grampy Bochynski's envelope and she exclaimed that she now had $300 dollars! In actuality it was only $30 :) I'm sure it felt like 300 to her. She was delighted and already has it spent (on her American Girl Doll). So, after that we got ready and it was off to school to finish up ourfirst week. Mean while I was off to the airport to pick up Mom. This would be a birthday surprise for sure! Grammy and I were scheduled to go and bring birthday cupcakes to school at 10 for snack. She was so surprised when she saw her face!!! Here's the moment captured on film :)We ate cupcakes with her class, listened to each of her classmates share something for show-n-tell, and then we got a song about the months and it was off again to get things ready for her face painting party after school.
The kids started arriving around 3:00pm and as they arrived I
painted each child's face according to whichever photo they picked out from the face paint package. I am not a professional face painter, but learned a lot as I went along. After everyone's faces were painted, we opened up presents, and then went outside on the deck to eat our cake and ice cream and play in the backyard. The temperature had dropped slightly since the sun had begun to go down, but everyone's faces were still melting.
No comments:
Post a Comment