Knitting Anyone?
How did all this come about you ask? Well, I'll tell you. The ladies that I work with are always crocheting something. They make BEAUTIFUL blankets. Even their scraps of left over yarn are used to make blankets and they are even beautiful. Sarah was around them all summer long because she came to work with me every day. So this has inspired Sarah to want to learn how to crochet, knit and sew, so that she can make beautiful things too. You already know that I DON'T sew, crochet or knit. But, "we" had an interest, so I figured that maybe we could learn together. Some mother and daughter time. I firmly believe that if you want to learn something, you have to learn it as if you were a child. I learned all of my bible stories this way :) So, Sarah and I are learning (and relearning) to knit, crochet and sew together. I'm not sure we will be creating any beautiful blankets right off, but it will be neat to see what we can create together. Sarah's already told Matt that she was going to make him some sox. He wanted them to be 'Red' of course. (Go Red Sox).
But Wait - I've got more pictures!
We made this little hat with the Knifty Knitter! It is a bunch of rings with pegs on it that you wrap the yarn around and use a hook to pull the loops over the tops of the pegs. A couple of times around this hoop thing and Presto! Instant Hat! This one she's using as a doll hat.
These needles are the largest ones I could find. A little too big for little hands. We are not sure what this one is yet, we are just knitting to get the hang of it all. So it will have to be something straight :)
No comments:
Post a Comment