I can remember my Kindergarten teacher pretty well, but not my 1st grade teacher for some reason. After today, I think that Sarah will definitely remember her 1st grade teacher Mrs. Wade. Sarah had a great 1st day. When I picked her up from school, She said that they did a lot of singing and poems and then it was time for recess. She elaborated a little more about her day to her Daddy when he got home from work. The recap of her day consisted of a box with sticks in it and that their table color was yellow. We have no idea what exactly that means, but I'm sure that it will unfold more during the week. I'll keep you posted.
Here's more on how the beginning of this day went down: I think we (Sarah) were literally dressed for school before we jumped out of bed and our feet hit the floor. And then it was declared "I'm ready to go to school now" - without remembering to eat breakfast, brush teeth, put shoes on and of course brush her hair. We were a little excited to say the least, but in a 'big girl' sort of way :) I have to admit that I was too!
Here's Daddy with Sarah before school started.
The parking lot was packed (of course) so we parked in the lower lot and walked to our classroom. Sarah wanted to bring Mrs. Wade something, so she brought her a seed packet of wild flowers that she could plant in her garden. Mrs. Wade loves to do gardening.
This is a little thing that looks like a bookmark but had pressed seeds in the shape of a cross and said "Thank you for planting seeds of Faith".
Well, we made it through the first day of First Grade and now we are on to the second, third.... and the rest of the school year :) When Sarah was born, so many of my friends told me to cherish the time that she was little because it would go by so fast. They were right! 6 years has just whizzed by and I'm realizing that it isn't going to slow down any in the near future, so I better hold on and savor all the moments we have together. I never thought I would love being a mom so much, but it is times like this that are priceless to me and I will always cherish.
No comments:
Post a Comment