
I'm amazed at the way children's minds work, how much information they absorb and WHEN they decide to unearth that information. Last night we were at the KidsMarket consignment sale and while we were waiting on a friend to make her purchases Sarah and I went into one of the local restaurant to use their restroom. When we entered the restaurant, there was a woman Karaoking and we had to walk past her to get to where we were going. Upon coming out of the restroom, that same woman was standing in the door way with something small in her hand. She stopped me and asked if I could help her with her hearing aid. As she held it in her hand, Sarah wanted to know what it was. The woman told her it was something that helped her hear. I held Sarah's hand and we headed out of the restaurant. While we were still waiting on my friend, we decided to pass the time by playing with some of the toys that I had gotten at the consignment sale. After about 10 minutes or so, Sarah asked me "Why was that Ladies Cochlea out of her ear"? Matt has had 2 ear surgeries to correct a problem with his Cochlea (inner ear) and so we have had a lesson about it in the past. I just thought it was neat that she could retrieve the information that she had learned such a long time ago and had to laugh at the fact that she had decided to retrieve that info right then.
No comments:
Post a Comment